We are currently taking orders for a festive Tis the Season to be Kind shirt. It comes in short sleeve (adult and youth), long sleeve (adult only), and sweat shirt (adult only). Students and staff can wear these shirts on Fridays during the winter season. The deadline to order is October 8th. We will have the shirts shipped to the school and send them home with your student as soon as we receive them. The anticipated shipping date is October 23rd. In addition to the adorable design on the front, our school name will be placed on the sleeve.
Click the photo to place your order. For questions please contact Tiffany Cooper at [email protected]
The ACS PSA board is taking orders for two adorable ACS face masks. If you would like to show your Eagle Pride, you can place your order online by visiting the Eagle’s Nest Spirit Store by clicking the headline of this announcement. Masks are made of 100% cotton and come in both adult and youth sizes. Pre-order ends on Sept. 28th. For more information or if you need assistance, contact Katie in the school office.
Yesterday we received updated guidance from MSDH on quarantine and isolation due to exposure to COVID19. The information is below. You can always access the most up-to-date version of the guidelines at https://schools.jacksondiocese.org/education-overview/covid-19-response-resources/
1. The isolation and school exclusion period for a positive case of COVID-19 is changed from 14 days to 10 days for consistency with current CDC guidance. The 10 days is from the onset of symptoms, or the date of their test if they are asymptomatic. Note: this is only for individuals who test positive. If they are quarantining because of possible exposure it is still 14 days (see #4).
2.The exposure time to be considered a close contact to a case of COVID-19 is updated to less than 6 feet for 15 minutes cumulative throughout the day.
3. Masks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious (naps or sleeping), incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
4.There is no test out of quarantine; the quarantine period is a full 14 days regardless of any test results during the quarantine period.
5. People who have tested positive for COVID-19 do not need to quarantine or get tested again for up to 3 months as long as they do not develop symptoms again.
6. Symptom and temperature screening recommendations added. Temperature of equal to 100○F or higher should be considered fever for screening purposes.
Although it was not our typical first week of school, it was great to be back! Having chosen to phase-in our students it enabled us to start slowly and carefully. After being out for so long, this was beneficial for our students as well as our teachers to get used to new procedures and a new environment.
As we move forward with our school year, we want to maintain this level of commitment to safety. We have created strategies that will encourage behaviors that will reduce the spread of COVID-19. In order to make sure we are effectively implementing some of these strategies, we need your help. Please contact the front office if your student or any individual who has attended a school event:
1) Tested Positive for COVID-19
2) Was exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 DIRECTLY (more than 15 minutes/ less than 6ft apart)
3) Is showing symptoms that could be COVID-19 related
Communication is the key to keeping our families healthy and safe. Thank you for your continued support and prayers as begin an unprecedented yet what we hope will be a successful year.
We understand that several of you are having difficulties with the online lunch ordering process. Here are a few helpful hints:
1. Google Chrome has been giving an error message at the payments page. Please use FireFox, Internet Explorer or Safari when ordering. You may need to enable third party cookies in your settings to use these web browsers as well.
2. Once you have reached the Verify Payments Page, please scroll all the way to the bottom to complete the payment.
3. Unpaid orders will appear in Red on the monthly calendar under the lunch tab. Your student will not be served a lunch if his/her order is in red.
4. You will receive an email immediately after your order has been paid for. Check your spam/junk box if you don't see it right away.
5. PLEASE feel free to call the office if you have any questions.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this transition.
After consulting with the Diocese of Jackson Department of Catholic Education and reviewing the most recent recommendations by many different professional groups, we feel it is in the best interest of our students and faculty/staff to delay our first day of school until August 17th. With the addition of the Distance Learning Option, we need a little more time to prepare for the best environment possible for academic achievement whether that be in-person or virtually. This week will also give opportunities for teachers to go over new routines and expectations as well as assess students. In addition to a delayed start, we will be on a hybrid schedule for the first week of school. Hybrid Group 1 will report to school on Monday and Tuesday and Hybrid Group 2 will report to school on Wednesday and Thursday. Your student will not participate in distance learning on the days they do not attend school during the hybrid week. Wednesday, August 19th, will be a 3:00 dismissal to assure that both groups receive equal instructional time.
Those registered for the Distance Learning Option are not assigned to a hybrid group. The Distance Learning Option will begin on August 24th. As soon as the Distance Learning Option Plan and agreement is finalized you will receive via email.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the safest possible environment for an after hours program at this time. We will reevaluate and make a decision regarding offering after hours by September 1st.
Starkville bus information will be sent out Monday, August 3rd.
Lunch orders will begin the week of August 31st.
Here are some changes that will be made to our current calendar. Four additional instructional days will have to be added to the calendar. That information will be sent out as soon as possible.
August 3rd - New Faculty/Staff Orientation
August 6th – 14th Faculty/Staff report to campus for professional development and training
August 12th – Come and Go 3:00 – 6:00 for Hybrid Group 1
August 13th – Come and Go 3:00 – 6:00 for Hybrid Group 2; New Parent Orientation 6:30 via Zoom
August 17th and August 18th – Hybrid Group 1 report to school from 8:00 – 3:00
August 17th Back to School Night – 6:00 via Zoom
August 19th and August 20th – Hybrid Group 2 report to school from 8:00 – 3:00
August 21st – No School for Students / Staff Work Day
August 24th Resume Normal School Schedule - Monday – Friday
Thank you for your continued support of our school, patience, and understanding during these unprecedented times. As we prepare for the 2020-2021 school year, we know the physical environment will look different; however, our mission of teaching the whole child through a Christ-centered environment and encouraging all students to reach their full potential by building character, fostering community, and creating lifelong learners will remain the same. We are looking forward to welcoming students to in-person instruction in our classrooms on August 11th unless communicated otherwise.
As you read through the guidelines, you will note that masks are expected to be worn by any person who can be reasonably expected to wear a mask. This includes students, teachers, and staff members. There is not a uniform policy concerning masks.
Click the image to view the Diocesan Guidelines for Returning to Schools followed by Annunciation Catholic School's plan to abide by these guidelines.
We, at Annunciation Catholic School, are preparing to re-open school and receive students on August 11th as published in our 2020-21 school calendar. We are working in consultation with the diocesan Office of Education and a diocesan task force established to create guidelines for Catholic Schools that adhere to CDC and state requirements. We will create guidelines for ACS based on the diocesan guidelines. We will publish those guidelines once developed. Please be assured that developing a plan for the safe return of students and staff is the first priority for us this summer as we navigate the realities of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thank you for your support.
Joni House, Principal